An Affordable Way to Save for College
Sending a child to college can be financially daunting. The 529 College Savings Plan is an easy way to help you save money to pay for your children’s or grandchildren’s college and graduate education costs. The plan is an individual investment account that offers tax incentives to save for higher education and training.
Advantages of Saving with a 529 College Savings Plan
- Tax-deferred growth on after-tax contributions
- Qualified withdrawals are tax-exempt – federal and most states
- No income limits
- High contribution limits
- In-state tax benefits for some states
- Low minimum contribution amounts
- Funds may be used at any eligible educational institution – public or private college or university, trade or graduate school
- Funds can be used for qualified expenses such as tuition, course books, fees, and more!
Your 529 College Savings Plan Options
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Minnesota 529 College Savings Plan
The Minnesota College Savings Plan is managed by TIAA. You can open an account by check, through the automatic contribution plan, by electronic funds transfer (including electronic purchase option), or through a transfer of funds between accounts or a rollover. The minimum initial contribution is $25, with at least $25 to each investment option chosen. Visit the Minnesota 529 Plan website or call 1-877-338-4646 for more information.